Thursday, April 14, 2011

Burrito Bowls, they're what's for lunch.

I am posting a quicky lunch post because I wanted to share a fav of mine with you all.

Downtown DC has the most amazing things. One of those amazing things which have really built up a great reputation lately are the food trucks. I'm not talking roach coaches either. I'm talking serious, straight up, DCRA, health, safety and food board regulated, mobile restaurants. But more on the food trucks later.

Today I purchased my lunch from Sol Mexican Grill.




They have the freshest, tastiest burrito bowls ever. They offer chicken, carnita, steak or veggie with unlimited toppings for just $7.00 and they do not skimp on portion either. I have YET to finish one all the way to the last shred of cheese in the bowl.


This is what I got. The chicken burrito bowl with rice, black beans, corn salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese and green sauce which is the medium spice. They offer other toppings too which I'm sure are just as yummy but this one steals the show for me.



Sol also has tacos (3 per order) and burritos the old fashioned way, in a warm tortilla, all for $7.00 each. Guac is a little extra ($1.50) but comes free with a veggie taco, bowl or burrito and they sell sodas too! Pineapple soda, yum yum yum!

So, the next time you are in the DC area, take a look at the Food Truck Fiesta site for their Food Truck Tracker first and check out where Sol might be, or any of the other wonderful trucks.

I did a post on National Empanada Day featuring the DC Empanadas truck and you can find them through the Food Truck Tracker too. There are literally TONS of food trucks out there and I have had just about every single one of them and you won't get one complaint out of me. They all offer something different and tasty.

Maybe for Farragut Friday I'll post on Food Trucks.

Buon appetito!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio