Monday, February 27, 2012

I scream, U scream, let's make ICE CREAM!

What if I told you that YOU, that's right... YOU could make homemade ice cream without the use of an ice cream maker or churning? Would you believe me?

Well ladies and gents it's true. I did it myself and while I didn't think it would work, I must say I am pleasantly surprised to report that not only was it super easy to make and quite fun but also the creamiest ice cream I have ever had. It was like it was triple churned!

I made mint chocolate chip for my first time out and it was triple fab yum! Unfortunately, by the time I got the camera out to take a photo for you to see, my kids and hubby found the goods so all I got was this serving that was left on film!




For the cast of creamy characters you'll need:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp. peppermint extract (add more if you'd like more mint flavoring)
  • 1-2 drops of green food coloring (optional)
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (mini sized work best)

In a large bowl, add peppermint to heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, stir food coloring, chips and sweetened condensed milk. Then fold the whipped cream into the mix.

Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Just think of the variations you can have with this recipe! If you think of any feel free to post them in the comments section below.

~Bon Appetito!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio